Sandford St Martin Parish Hall started its life as the village school in Ardley. In 1928 the building was moved and rebuilt in Sandford St Martin, a project led by the vicar of the time and carried out by the villagers. The hall was maintained by the church and apart from a few internal alterations remained the same until 2001.
The millennium was the incentive needed to carry out improvements to the hall. A major fund raising project allowed an extension to be added providing inside toilets (with disabled access) and a small kitchen. The roof has also been renovated with new timber battens, insulation and new tiles.
Following completion of the renovation, the management Committee was formed to manage and maintain the hall. Their first meeting was in June 2004.
The Parish Hall is available to hire by individuals, groups or businesses. The hall has a maximum capacity of 60 people. Over the years the hall has been well used for many activities such as Yoga and Ballet classes, meetings and music/ drama rehearsals, birthday parties, wedding receptions and christening parties. There is also a pleasant garden to the rear which can accommodate a gazebo or small marquee.